[P03] Aerodynamics Engineer
Parque Industrial de Elche (Poligono Industrial),
Predicting aerodynamic environments, in ascent and re-entry phase, while providing design solutions for MIURA 1 and MIURA 5 launch vehicles.
- Building Computational Fluid Dynamic meshes for aerodynamic force and moment predictions (including creating geometries, meshing, running simulations, validating, and post processing output information).
- Analyze External Aerodynamics of Launch Vehicles and Optimize Launch Vehicles’ geometries from a fluidic perspective.
- Correlation of Flight Test Data and wind tunnel test data to CFD Models.
- Development, analysis and validation of in-house software to predict launcher vehicles performance.
- Contribute performing heat transfer and associated aerothermodynamics analysis on various mission phases, including atmospheric re-entry scenarios.
- Help selecting proper sensor and data acquisition systems for capturing aerodynamic data and model correlation.
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience with commercial CFD software, such as ANSYS.
- Knowledge and experience modelling external aerodynamics, both subsonic and supersonic.
- Knowledge and experience with structural load estimation and calculation via CFD analysis.
- Proficiency with programming languages, such as Matlab.
- Strong background in fluid mechanics and .
- Experience in modelling physical behavior through mathematical models.
- Knowledge of CFD best practices and troubleshooting.
- Stress Tolerance
- Problem solving
- Workload capacity
- Experience with Wind Tunnel Testing is a plus.
- Experience in acoustics and aeroelasticity.
- Experience in combustion and phase change simulations.
- Experience with Unsteady Aerodynamic Simulations is a plus, URANS, LES, DNS.
- Knowledge and experience with coupled fluid structure interaction flows.
- Experience in supersonic flow.
- Experience with reactive flows, injection, and atomization processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of thermal modelling and simulation tools.
- Knowledge and experience in aerodynamic reentry analysis and simulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payload Aerospace SL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
We are compromised in maintaining a diverse and free from discrimination working environment where everyone is treated with respect. Employment is based on an individual’s merit and qualifications, directly related to job competence.
These principles are included in all aspects of employment: recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, and promotion.