[P012] Turbomachinery CFD Engineer
Parque Industrial de Elche (Poligono Industrial),
As a Turbomachinery CFD Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and analyzing components of the propulsion system related to turbomachinery, including turbine, pumps, bearings and sealing components. Your mission will involve developing and optimize high-performance turbomachinery designs to support our innovative microlauncher space vehicles.
· Design, build, and test turbopump hardware for MIURA 5 first/second stage liquid propellant rocket engines (TEPREL-C and TEPREL-C Vac).
· Perform the aero/hydro sizing, flow path design, analysis work for the turbopumps and other turbomachinery for MIURA 5 rocket engines using ANSYS CFX.
· Generate and optimize geometry tools to iterate against CFD results to find the best pump and turbine engineering solution and blade parameters.
· Work closely with the propulsion team to assure functional integration of the turbomachinery components in the engine system.
· Elaborate, update and review engineering documentation including engineering models and drawings.
· Write, review, and update work instructions for assembly, handling, inspection of turbopump assemblies (both intermediate test articles and flight hardware).
Provide feedback to identify, improve performance, increase reliability or manufacturability, and assembly at design level and operational level.
. Aerospace Engineering bachelor’s degree.
. 5 years of experience using CFD in concert with turbomachinery components (ANSYS CFX preferred)
. Fluency in English, both written and oral, and excellent communication skills.
· Knowledge of CFD software and fluid dynamics principles, as well as blade geometry parametrization for turbomachinery components.
· Experience in one or more of the following:
o Fluid dynamics analysis of turbomachinery main flow path and secondary flows.
o Mechanical design of turbomachinery.
Design and analysis of Bearings and Seals / Mechanical Elements for rocket turbopump application.
· Knowledge in FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
· Manage suppliers for the following but not limited assembly/ fabrication tooling support, rotor balance, casting, bearings, and seals.
· Experience with cryogenic fluids.
Familiar with manufacturing capabilities (typical tolerances) and processes: turning, milling, drilling, reaming, EDM, grinding, brazing, welding, 3D printing. Familiar with mechanical seals.
· Location: Elche.
· Full time position.
Flexibility and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.