[P46] Labview Automation Engineer
Parque Industrial de Elche (Poligono Industrial),
As a Labview automation engineer at PLD Space, your mission is to develop and maintain robust and efficient software for the test benches that ensure the reliable and accurate testing of our systems and components. You will play a key role in designing, implementing, and testing software solutions, enabling effective communication, monitoring, and control of our MIURA vehicles and ground infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including systems engineers, propulsion team, avionics team and flight operations, to gather requirements and contribute to the design of ground software systems.
- Participate in the testing and validation of ground software systems to ensure their functionality, reliability, and compliance with mission requirements.
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues, working closely with the development team and stakeholders to identify and implement effective solutions.
- Integrate ground software systems with other components of the aerospace system, such as onboard software and ground control systems.
- Stay updated on the latest advancements in software technologies and industry standards, applying them to enhance the performance and capabilities of ground software systems.
- Document software designs, specifications, and procedures, as well as maintain comprehensive documentation for knowledge sharing and future reference.
- Adhere to software development methodologies, quality standards, and safety protocols to ensure the reliability and security of ground software systems.
- Generate documentation, including user guides, guidelines and user manuals for internal customers use.
- Generate documentation for formal program development reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in automation, electronics, telecommunication engineering or a related field.
- > 3 years of relevant technical experience.
- Deep knowledge of NI LabVIEW programming and efficient LabVIEW real-time architectures.
- Experience programming FPGAs on LabVIEW.
- Experience programming deterministic real-time applications on cRIO platforms focused on reliability and efficiency.
- Knowledge of industrial protocols: etherCAT, CAN / CANopen, EtherNet/IP, TSN, Modbus, etc.
- Knowledge of TwinCAT 3 (Beckhoff) or other PLC
- Understanding of software testing and debugging techniques.
- Familiar with static code analysis, unit testing and continuous integration tools.
- Knowledge of electronic instrumentation and control.
- Understanding of fluid systems and thermodynamics concepts.
- Experience with HIL test systems.
- National Instruments official certifications.
- Knowledge of other NI tools such as NI Systemlink, TestStand and Veristand.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, databases, and web technologies utilized in ground software development.
- Knowledge of programming languages commonly used in software development such as C++, Python or Java.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies, such as Agile or Scrum.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Effective communication and collaboration abilities to work within a team and interact with stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality to ensure the functionality and compliance of ground software systems.
- Adaptability and eagerness to learn new technologies and frameworks as required.
- Flexibility and ability to work with few specified and changing requirements.
- Time management and organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Experience in ground software development for the aerospace industry.
- Experience with test bench development or operation in the aerospace industry.
- Experience with mission control systems, satellite operations, or flight operations software.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to aerospace testing and validation.
- Understanding of cybersecurity best practices for secure software development.
- English and/or French B2-C1.
- Location: Elche
- Full time position
Flexibility and willingness to travel domestically
and internationally as required